The OEA Foundation accepts applications for grant funding from September 1 to July 15 each year.
Thank you to all who applied for grants on behalf of students impacted by wildfires! During the special wildfire grant period, we were able to send 290 wildfire impacted students across Oregon a total of $66,900 in grants. Grant dollars primarily went to students who lost homes in the Almeda, Archie, Holiday Farm and Obenchain fires.
Provided the Foundation’s resources allow, students who have received a special wildfire grants will be eligible for a second grant during the 20-21 grant year (Sept 1-July 15).
Before applying, please make sure your grant fits our funding guidelines by reviewing our complete OEA Foundation Guidelines. The Foundation does not fund grants for food, bills, or rent.
OEA Foundation Guidelines
These guidelines are designed to establish the process used by the Foundation to award grants to OEA members.
- Individual requesting the grant must be an active member of the Oregon Education Association.
- Spending must be pre-approved through the grant process.
- Funds must be used for the student identified on the grant application. Please apply individually for each student (we cannot provide funds for a group or classroom). Student must be enrolled in an Oregon public school where employees are members of the Oregon Education Association.
- OEA member must make all purchases- money may not be given to parents or students.
- No gift cards can be purchased with Foundation grants (exceptions currently being made due to COVID-19 until further notice).
- Please shop wisely to assure the dollars go as far as possible to meet the needs of our students. Hundred dollar tennis shoes are nice, but not a basic need (if there are extenuating circumstances and special shoes are required that would be a basic need).
- Students may receive only one grant of $100 in a school year.
- A maximum of $2000 is awarded to a school per school year. For community colleges, the maximum amount is $5,000. In the case of extenuating circumstances, this maximum may be adjusted by the OEA Foundation Board. The “school year” period is September 1 through July 15. NEW as of March 2020: Title I buildings are eligible for a maximum of $4,000 per school year.
- The Foundation strongly encourages grantees to help increase Foundation donations and participation by publicizing the donation and grant process with your community.
Please direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.