The OEA Foundation accepts applications for grant funding from September 1 to July 15 each year.
Before applying, please make sure your grant fits our funding guidelines by reviewing our complete OEA Foundation Guidelines. The Foundation does not fund grants for food, bills, or rent.
OEA Foundation Guidelines
These guidelines are designed to establish the process used by the Foundation to award grants to OEA members.
- Individual requesting the grant must be an active member of the Oregon Education Association.
- Spending must be pre-approved through the grant process.
- Funds must be used for the student identified on the grant application. Please apply individually for each student (we cannot provide funds for a group or classroom). Student must be enrolled in an Oregon public school where employees are members of the Oregon Education Association.
- OEA member must make all purchases- money may not be given to parents or students.
- Please shop wisely to assure the dollars go as far as possible to meet the needs of our students. Hundred dollar tennis shoes are nice, but not a basic need (if there are extenuating circumstances and special shoes are required that would be a basic need).
- Students may receive only one grant of $100 in a school year.
- A maximum of $2000 is awarded to a school per school year. For community colleges, the maximum amount is $5,000. In the case of extenuating circumstances, this maximum may be adjusted by the OEA Foundation Board.
- Title I buildings are eligible for a maximum of $4,000 per school year.
- The Foundation strongly encourages grantees to help increase Foundation donations and participation by publicizing the donation and grant process within their community.
Please direct any questions to: email@example.com.